View Single Post
So I saw this news story posted and I couldn't really help myself....

http://qz.com/131436/contrary-to-wha...le-to-malware/

How could it be impenetrable to Malware? According to the definition of Malware on Wikipedia;

"Malware includes computer viruses, ransomware, worms, trojan horses, rootkits, keyloggers, dialers, spyware, adware, malicious BHOs, rogue security software and other malicious programs; the majority of active malware threats are usually worms or trojans rather than viruses."

Considering almost all applications have some sort of advertisement in them, and that due to this they require a network connection, even if the application itself doesn't require it, I would mark that as malware.

Granted, I understand that even the N9 has such applications, and while I agree that developers of applications deserve to get paid, if they so desire to (I know a lot, especially in this community do it for fun, notoriety, out of sheer awesomeness, etc.), users of the applications don't generally deserve to get bombarded by advertisements. Look at Emumaster, you can get it for free, or you can buy it, both versions are the exact same, you just help further development by buying it. Or even get the man a beer!

In light of this discussion, it's always bothered me that the AP Mobile application that came with the N900 and N9 have advertisements embedded in them. I've tried getting rid of them with the hosts file, but no such luck. Is there a better alternative, or a way to get rid of these? I stopped watching TV 'cause I'm tired of advertisements filling up everything I do. If I want products, I'll shop for products.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post: