View Single Post
Originally Posted by TobyK View Post
Is there any way to use Jalimo or this phoneME thing to run j2me apps? In particular, has anyone got amazegps, nav4all, opera mini, mxit, mig33, or mobizines working on the n8x0? Java applets would be great as well because all the stock charts I use are java based.
phoneME targets J2ME, so that should be your line of attack. However, it's far from end-user ready. And I consider myself a JRE end-user (that is to say, one who programs small Java apps, but doesn't really play with "system-level" stuff much), and have not been able to persuade it to work, nor tried especially hard. Jalimo, AFAIK, is targeting J2SE, so it would be a better way to go after applets... Haven't tried that yet, but it should be more user-friendly. Even so, there's no browser integration; I suspect you may be able to run some applets as standalone, non-hildonized X apps from an xterm. Maybe I should have said "more nearly user-friendly" . But I'll be trying it when I get time, whereas I've totally given up on phoneME.