View Single Post
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Malt whiskey is the only stuff that should be named whiskey. It's like putting your tongue on a 9V battery and getting by that a smoked dark syrup grilled beef taste in your mouth which then takes you into the experience.
I was helping my Dad replacing a telephone jack back in "the day". This was an old twisted-wire POTS line, and I needed both hands free, so I held the wires in my mouth so they wouldn't fall back into the wall . . . when a call came in! In those days, an analog North American phone rang by putting 48VDC across the two terminals and then reversing the voltage (IIRC) 6 or 7 times a second, effectively creating a 96V peak to peak square wave. I spit that thing out faster than rancid milk. That taste! That sensation!

As to the Scotch Highland Whisky, I prefer a single malt neat, although I'm told I should try it with a bit of water. I do not care for Islay or Speyside. Those I'd have to spit out like the phone wires. Makes me think a bunch of woad-painted Pictish warriors built a peat fire in my mouth! No offense to woad-painted Picts, natch.

Last edited by robthebold; 2021-04-28 at 22:22.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: