View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
mal had some success with Lineage 14-based tree on #sailfishos-porters. It's not very different from cm13 from libhybris point of view.

I plan to sell mine OnePlus 2 and try to order Moto Z (Play) somewhere for cheap (maybe 2.taobao.com?), so I can start with SFOS port.
Perhaps I can lend you a spare Moto Z or Z play for development, after our internal testing. Not 100% sure at the moment as product still under development and software needs to be tested... If it's not too late.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Please get a Moto z, it is much thinner and has blazing fast qualcomm 820 and better screen.
I am willing to support you with 100 bucks via paypal if you purchase whatever moto z series device you can get.
As you have seen the price drop to 249€ of moto z here in germany, i guess it will be possible to negotiate down to that pricelevel at many resellers also in your area soon.
Aha actually my opinion is completely opposite

Having used both devices and Z Play to me is much much better:

- I don't know the reason behind but my Z play with Qualcomm 625 runs quicker than the Z with 820, in terms of app launching and switch. I don't play heavy graphic games on phone but in general use I can't see any lag on Z Play compared with Z. And can't feel any difference between 3GB and 4GB RAM

- Moto Z's lack of 3.5mm port is a pure headache... As it's battery is so small, when travelling especially long distance a juice pack is definitely needed. Then you can't listen to music and charge at the same time. On my flight to Chicago I have to unplug headset to get phone charged, then unplug the adaptor to use on another device, then almost lost the adaptor. It's just annoying!

- In terms of screen, I agree Moto Z's is better and sharper than Z Play - Only if you look very very closely. I doubt it has a big difference in general. And to me 1080p is a much more reasonable choice on a 5.5 inch size. (Even 720p if I would decide, to save battery even more...)

- Battery life Z Play is about 2-3X than Z in my everyday use (same app installed, same exchange service running, same network, same background processes...)

- The only 2 advantage of Z over Z play is: 1 being slimmer, looks nicer with any mods attached. And 2 Metal on the sides has a much better and premium finish than the Z Play.

My conclusion is Moto Z is a device to "show" and Z Play is the one to use.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: