View Single Post
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Portsmouth, England
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Maemo 5 and the N900 look brilliant. But: don't forget the past and present! There are still many many many mobile phone users who are NOT into "online web 2.0", but who are simply very happy if you send them an MMS, because it is a very simply use case, has reasonable pricing and they will not need any kind of special data plan. In fact, for anybody I know without an iPhone, MMS is the one and only way to share a picture from his/her mobile phone. This includes coworkers, friends, parents and wife.

The N900 MUST include MMS. Especially when Nokia shoots at the iPhone in their marketing materials (like copy/paste, no jailbreaking needed, battery changeable). This would be just too inconsistent.

Thank you Peter@Maemo Marketing for the most informative answer I have seen re MMS. However I agree with Twaelti. MMS is absolutely a must to be incorporated even if many do not use the function. After all the stick Apple got with the iPhone did Nokia learn nothing??? For anyone else who is trying to find this answer before parting with their cash, I have it confirmed, in writing direct from high up within Nokia UK that MMS will not ever be included...nor voice dialling.

You make your own choices but for me I am afraid that this is a must and a major shortfall. Motorola Milestone/droid or an iPhone for me while I love the new sharing technologies MMS still has a place for a while yet!!!