View Single Post
1st april was a while ago.

Seriously though, yes, I would buy one in a heartbeat, even before all software whistles would get finished. Probably would do so, instead of buying Jolla ("probably" is about instead, not about "may buy or may not")

Proposed price is quite rough (AIUI it is "only" a board, screen module, case, etc to be re-used), but I get that such niche (as compared to mass market) project can't get ready boards for cheap.
---

Still, consider that expectations would be quite high, i.e no hardware feature missing (including peripherials like FM receiver/transmitter, IR transmitter, etc), and real hope for having CSSU'ish Hildon as UI.

As for "could we replace closed source components where possible", I think that doing so would even increase number of buyers. We don't need 100% fremantle copy - it have it own flaws. We need100% fremantle features, prefferably without those flaws, and with more room to expand. So, the more FOSS in it, the better.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-08-25 at 22:13.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: