View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by fossumtv View Post
I modified my N800 to boot from the internal MMC card, using the well-known installation steps. I'm using the latest OS2008 version. My flash card is an 8G SDHC Class 6. The installation process worked fine, and I can boot from the MMC card without problem. However THE HARDWARE BUTTONS NO LONGER WORK when I boot from the MMC. No zoom, no fullscreen, no "center" button, etc. If I reboot to the internal flash, everything returns to normal. Of course, to solve the problem I can simply boot to the internal flash, but then I don't have the advantages of booting to the larger MMC card. How can I get the buttons to work when booting from the MMC card??
Did it ever work on the SD boot?

if so, I would suggest booting to flash and as root in xterm run

fsck /dev/mmcblk0p2
or
fsck /dev/mmcblk1p2
depending on which card

install e2fsprogs if fsck is not installed

If the filesystem is is not corrupt and the fsck does not fix it. I would then suggest recloning the partition.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.