View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Again, it would be really cool if you succeed! It would really be impressive! But show a working prototype. No problem if it is a mockup on one side and working keyboard with dev-package casing. I would hate for the project to fail and leave hundreds of people angry because it will ruin the -at this point already- miniscule market for smartphones that are not completely boring.

Make and show a working proto before you take peoples money. Don't think that is a lot to ask for. Prove me wrong and I will join your volunteer marketing army.
Thank you for all the info!

I launched IGG compaign before showing prototype only because Moto/Indiegogo has a deadline of March 6th to take part in their official "Transform the Smartphone" challenge - with the selected winner has oppotunity to travel to Chicago and discuss potential investment and selling channels. They will also offer engineering support.

I did asked Moto/IGG if it is OK we start crowdfunding without prototype first, and they are perfectly happy and in fact, they encouraged doing so, and they are also happy to offer future engineering support, which I don't need at this stage.

Further more this is a fixed amount, I am not just taking money for nothing.

I do welcome you to join once prototype is out there. And by the time if you have any suggestions/ideas/criticism about product or engineering, you are always welcomed!

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: