View Single Post
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. I finally downloaded OMserver and gave it a try. I like the the idea of using OMserver so thanks for the effort. Some things I noticed: When I use the imperial units the initial directions do not make sense. For example, it might say "fifty quarter mile". The "fifty" is not needed. When I switch to metric the initial directions are then " 300 meters" which was ok. Anyways, this did not happen with the previous version. (Note a quarter mile is about 402 meters which is close enough...I guess...). The second thing I noticed is that I am not allowed to route without enabling OMserver. Is this by design? Finally, although the ovi maps is not too bad in general it gave me terrible directions for this test run! Good thing I knew where I was going...
I'll look into the imperial units thing, thanks for that

As for the routing without OMVS, its mainly due to a small change in the html code that causes all searches to be sent to OMVS (http://localhost:9999 etc). This was to implement the offline POI feature mentioned above. I understand it means that people can't use OviMaps without having the server running, so i've attached here a copy of index.html without the change (hence allowing searching without omvs, but doesn't allow offline POI searches).

Lastly, yea this ovi maps does suck at routing. It always takes me the long way for some unknown reason... sadly I have no power over that, so I can't change anything

Thanks for the bugs though
Attached Files
File Type: zip index.zip (222.8 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2011-04-15 at 15:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post: