View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Alright, version 2.0.1 is in extras-devel, and is on its way to extras-testing.

I hope you didn't install 2.0.0 from the repos in the brief time it was there, because if you did, dpkg will flail pathetically whenever you try to uninstall it.

If you did install 2.0.0 from the repos, you'll have to make it think it's already uninstalled by manually editing /var/lib/dpkg/status (find "Package: fkdep" in that file, and change the "Status: " line right under that to say "Status: purge ok not-installed" (there's a couple of other valid things to make it say, and I think just the "not-installed" instead of "installed" part might be enough, but that's what I did).

If you can't manage that (though most users of this are power users I imagine, so I don't expect issues), let me know, and I can put together a dummy package which you can install over it, with its own prerm script, which will take over when the installed one fails, and make the uninstall go cleanly.

Now, that said, version 2.0.1 is now in both Maemo 5's and Maemo 4's -devel repos, and I promoted it down from both of those. I am confident this version is basically bug-less, now. It's still making its way into extras-testing for Maemo 5, as soon as it's in there, please go ahead and test/vote on it.