View Single Post
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
Version of libc in the image is created by sulu and is version glibc_2.19-18+deb8u4. glibc is updated in the repo but it is not compatible with the kernel that is why we needed sulu to create a compatible version before.
For now I suggest to ignore the update and put the package on hold (I probably should have done that in the image..).

Changes are mentioned below - not sure if the updates are really needed.
https://launchpad.net/debian/+source...2.19-18+deb8u6
Even when putting the package on hold I can't seem to install new packages ; I get a dependency error for the following packages : libc6-dbg, libc6-dev, libc6-pic.

And when I want to install vim I get :

Code:
vim : Depends: vim-runtime (= 2:7.4.488-7) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgpm2 (>= 1.20.4) but it is not going to be installed

E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install'  with no packages (or specify a solution).
What should I do now?

Originally Posted by sulu View Post
What a coincidence!
Just this week I tried to create a first Stretch image, and took the chance to also build some new glibc packages for Jessie. [1]

[1] http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/TToYMdN7/file.html
Sorry to ask a maybe basic question, but what should I do with that package? Or maybe should I ask where to uncompress it?

Originally Posted by sulu View Post
As for Stretch, I have bad news. Stretch comes with glibc 2.24 and some essential software in Stretch makes it mandatory to ship at least 2.23. I managed to build 2.23 for kernel 2.6.28, but actually running that build on the Maemo kernel immediately causes a segfault.
So unless someone (certainly not me) plans to either bring a more recent kernel to Maemo (at least 2.6.32, preferably 3.2 or newer), or restores glibc's ability to run on kernel 2.6.28 just for us, Jessie will be the last Easy Debian release ever.
Too sad... this will mean the end of an up to date Debian system on our N900... really waiting for the Neo900 now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post: