View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Among the major issues at this stage: the touchscreen is unusable because it's too noisy, which may be caused by a hardware design flaw according to people who know better than me what they are talking about. I heard the Proš*is*missing denoising diodes or caps, which leads to noise on the bus that mainline doesn't deal with correctly. This may also be the cause of keystrokes coming unregistered when typing moderately fast; I have to type exaggeratedly slow for all my keystrokes to be registered.

Now obviously both those issues don't occur with the Android kernel which means there may be efficient software fixes for that. Kholk (Angelo, the dev working on mainlining the Proš*and Prošx) has some patch for it but I don't think anyone else tried it. I'd be willing to but I don't know how to proceed since the patch is applied to the kernel itself, not pmaports (pmOS). And there would be conflicts since an older version of the series is already merged. Also apparently noise rejection is already at the maximum. There's not much I can do since I'm only a user, but I hope devs involved in SD835 mainlining and pmOS port can come up with solutions at some point*.*

*: So far nicknames I have in mind include Kholk (Github, Twitter), Danct12 (Gitlab, Twitter, Discord, Telegram, IRC), NotKit/TheKit (Github, Gitlab, Telegram, IRC, Discord, Matrix), Deathmist (Telegram, Matrix, IRC), Calebccff (Twitter, Matrix, Telegram). [Sorry I didn't bother to find URLs to all their Twitter or Git accounts :/].

Last edited by Kabouik; 2022-03-15 at 11:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: