View Single Post
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
This is not for everyone, however, some people would gladly pay for this tech.

There's a market for it. Simply put. Up until this device, Logitech basically has controlled the market with it's Harmony line of devices. They are basically universal remotes with a display, and the top-of-line version containing a touch-screen.

Roku (et al.) is certinaly full featured, but can't turn on (let alone control) control your huge A/V Receiver, your new big screen TV/projector, your blu-ray/dvd player (still relevant), or your stereo, or additional receivers. Something like this would reduce remote clutter tremendously as is the promise of universal remotes, without requiring a tool with 100 buttons on its face.

Yes, you can do it with your phone, but then again if you prefer a dedicated solution that more than one person can use (eg. family members), this is really, really good.

A better solution would be an IR transmitter that could connect to your home network and be controlled via your phone, your tablet, your pmp, or your computer via an easy to use, dedicated app. The trouble with this device would be selling it, as it would may be challenging to convince the masses the need of such a device.
There is certainly a market for such devices. I have so many gadgets I don't think I could get by without my Harmony 1100 and its ability to control all my devices (other than my Nintendo Wii). Would rather use something like my Galaxy Tab though since it has a bigger and more responsive screen. Patiently waiting for Logitech to release a fully featured Android app that offers an easier solution than needing to have a google tv box.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post: