View Single Post
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by kemar7856 View Post
I had enough of this BS if its not one problem its another I had this phone for over a year now but now its F#$#DD garbage

1. battery sucks balls I have 2g on,disabled everything and it still horrible I charged it all night went to shower got dressed (not using it and its not connected to wifi or edge) I get on the bus and this garbage is already at 88% I checked tops and nothing is over 2% cpu load WTH

2.later on none of my media would display and the app manger gives me an error no repos

3.No I cant flash it i'm on the road and dont have my USB these problems just started out of nowhere

4.errors so far
no space in conversations
no permission when i'm in root
app manger no repos
no media
apt_update/clean/purge etc etc none of them will work

#$#$# this phone i'm getting an expera play

if I can fix this without flashing maybe i'll change my opinion
Aaaar, comon, its not that bad.
I agree it can be frustrating at times when things don't work the way they should. Any device has its limitations, otherwise there would be no reason to ever upgrade.

Sounds like a reflash is in order whenever you get back to your PC.

I'm thinking I'll get the Sony Xperia Pro once it gets cheaper 6 months after release.
Which means I'll stick with the N900 for a while yet.
Maybe the next Maemo/Meego update or even Nitdroid with call ability will keep new life in it.

BTW, just yesterday I downloaded a 2.2GB avi file with Transmission in 3.5 hours, had it overclocked to 750MHz, of course had to have it on charge while downloading. By downloading to an SD card the phone was still responsive and usable. Was able to play the video file with subtitles straight away, no conversion necessary.

So the old N900 can still pull its brick weight.
Just don't mention Flash 10.

Note that the many reviews I've read of Android devices with keyboards also only get about 1 to 1.5 days of battery life with average use.