View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Increased probability of error (leaving tablet in) == increased chance of break-in. Try explaining to your mum (or some other older adult) why she has to remove this device each and every time she leaves the car. I can see some of my friends forgetting or being to lazy to remove such a system every time they get out of the car as well.
My mom is just the sort of tech-noob to do a lot of dumb things, but I don't think I've ever seen her leave behind the iPod (the one I recently replaced for her with the CM7 Nook Color) in the car when she got out--sounds like an anecdotal experience on both sides of this issue.

Regardless, perhaps the tablet bay in the car could have a slide-up cover to hide it when the car's been turned off for half a minute... then slides open when you unlock the car door (so it's ready and open by the time you sit down). My Honda Del Sol has a slide-cover to protect the radio (since it's got a removable hard top), except that mine is not motorized and automatic.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: