View Single Post
Hey guys I have a decision to make, and just am interested in your thoughts.

I was hunting for presents for my little brother (love him heaps, god bless), and wanted to get something special for him. He's 14yo and in Jr High School. He has a Nokia dumbphone, a DSi (very few games) and shares my aging HP laptop with my mum, and its battery dead so it must be connected into a wall if you want to use it. I live 1,000kms away and he really misses me, cause I only get to see him once only a few months. So I really want to get him something special, he will really love using and that it would remind him of me

And 2 days ago, I bought an iPhone 4 (32GB, factory unlocked, good condition=minor scratches). I bought it for dirt-cheap from a co-worker.

So I was wondering;
1) Should I use the iPhone 4 and send him my pristine condition (custom ROM) Galaxy S I9000.
2) Should I send him the iPhone 4 (need to buy the box and accessories).
3) Should I sell it (AU$600-$800) and get him something else (right now the iPad2 is in my view).

Now here's the dilemma:
-I don't know if he would like the Galaxy S, the apps are not that great and the lack of a keyboard means emulators are unhappy experiences.
-The iPhone 4 is so simple to use, and all the Apps, he'd love it, but since its a really desired product.... his friends/someone could plot to steal off him. And the next iphone will come out in 6months and make this one look very inferior.
-The iPad2 is released, and its got everything (cameras, speakers, processor, sofware) to make it the best tablet of the year (until iPad3 lol). With its ability to run normal iphone apps and ipad-developed apps, its a better experience than the iphone 4. But the thing is he can't grab it like a psp/console and he can't take it everywhere like the iphone. It won't have gps and it wont really replace all of his need to use Windows Vista.

I found a trusted retailers ad to grab the iPad2 for very cheap (16GB, Wifi, Black), so it is very very enticing, but it will mean I would have to tell him I will send it later, rather than sooner.

... So what should I do, I'm so lost in trying to gift something magical (ok I kid, I kid)

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: