View Single Post
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Colorado Springs
Originally Posted by jwhelan View Post
What the majority of "search and you shall find" people don't always get is that one person can search for something for days, but if they aren't looking for the exact same thing someone who knows the answer would, they don't always find the right answer...
Reminds me of years ago before computers. "How do you spell blah-blah-blah?" Sometimes the answer was: "Go look it up."

I never understood the logic. Unless you are trying to teach someone how to lookup a word they don't know... for when they don't have anyone around to ask.

In other words... the "Go look it up" answer is generally given by people that are being lazy. Unless they claim to be self appointed "teachers" who are trying to teach someone how to look something up for when nobody else is around. (But since it is the internet that lesson is kind of pointless; making them look silly.)

Although I DO admit that I sometimes get a bit short tempered when I see the 50th post asking the same question over a short period of time. "Read headers people. No searching required!"

This is all similar to the self appointed grammar and spelling correctors. (Although I can't stand the l337 speak or walls of text with no punctuation. Walls of text are more dangerous than Gazebos. Yeah... go look it up.)