View Single Post
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Well buchanmilne the problem is we are obviously stuck with what Nokia decide to do and as it now has a ex Bill Gates wiz kid at its helm you can only expect by reading in between the lines as to the area he will take Nokia.

It is of no use quoting anything right now but my bet is we will see a new generation OS from the Windows stable that will have huge development going for it and as Nokia are in trouble i would think from a bussiness strategic point of view the teaming of 2 of the worlds giants can only mean one thing... a Windows OS of the future and personally i am all with it IF it gets the development going for a much improved Windows Mobile platform, just look at the interest on this very thread... should that not tell us something?.

Originally Posted by wizbowes View Post
I guess it depends if you're here as a Nokia fanboy or as a Meego/Maemo/Linux fanboy. You're clearly in the former, most people here are the latter. Why would anybody hear give a s**t what happens to Nokia and WP7? They've given their time and effort trying to help the platform and have been stabbed in the back IMHO.

If you want to blow smoke up Nokia and the WP7 tie up this perhaps is not the best place to do it.

(BTW I'm a Windows on the desktop man myself and like MS - but have less than no interest in WP7)
Actually abill_uk has a point. If this is a genuine partnership between Nokia and Microsoft then some intersting things might develop from it.

Even if the partnership is successful I still won't buy a Windows Phone device or even a Nokia device (regardless of os). I've been spoiled by the relatively open nature of the N900.