View Single Post
i had a look around recently, as my wife is due an upgrade soon, and there is nothing at the moment that can beagt the n900 still. Some have better cameras, some have better/faster processors, some have etter screens for looking at(still think this is the best type os touch screen unless you can get a stylus with your capacitive screen), somme have better battery power.

BUT there are NO new phones/devices that beat the n900 on more than 1 thing. If something has a good camera, it doesn't have a keyboard, or it's a symbian or something, so it's a downgrade tere.

If something has a better processor then it either doesn't have a keyboard and/or has about only 0.5gb storage and the camera is the same or worse than the n900.

etc. etc. etc.

It really does seem like no manufacturer wants to put all the best stuff on one device. Are they scared people will buy it or something, Is it perhaps they think people wont buy their next device for so long because it woulld be so good, thereby cutting their profits?

Anyway, I don't know when I will ever upgrade, as at the moment there doesn't seem to be anything to upgrade TO.
I could probably live with Android, having loads of apps etc is good, but after experiencing maemo I don't want to 'downgrade' to anything else, and the N9, if it ever appears might not even have meego now, so when will the first meego device appear? It will probably be then that other things will come out that will be candidates to upgrade to, and if something else has a killer camera, with keyboard, loads of storage, dual core processor, and, oh I dunno, a holographic image projector too? then the meego device might not measure up, even if it does have the better operating system, and just has a 'normal' camera or something.