View Single Post
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Nowhere says this is going to be available to the general public.

(And the probable reason is that they know it is usually a comercial suicidal... just look at the preenv thread... )
I'm trying to get more information about how this application is to be used and distributed but being behind a work filter isn't helping. Ive seen it reported that this is a FOSS project, others say commercial. Is it an app that runs a repackaged Android application, or is it a porting tool for the application developers? I mean, some commerical tools like Pyxis cost large sums of money for a license.. I can't imagine many Android developers paying $120,000 for a license so they could repackage their code to run on Maemo5. Is it something available to everyone to run from the PC at home?

I think there's a lot of details we need to wait for before getting too excited about this project.

Let's say it's free and available to the home user to repackage Android applications and upload them to their N900. That's great for us, but it's an interesting problem for Nokia too. Do Nokia want it's users purchasing and using Android applications for their handset? Not only would Google be picking up a cut of anything through the Android Market, but what incentive does it give to developers to list their apps for sale through Ovi? Nokia want to be selling these applications and services to us directly.

Anyhow if anyone has more info on how Alien Dalvik is planned to be distibuted and sold/used under license please post - else we'll have to wait til Feb 14th and see I guess

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2011-02-08 at 13:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: