View Single Post
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
ukdutypaid - what JohnX says is correct, A2DP is available in OS2008 but it isn't enabled by default as it's not finished and still needs improving (such as DSP support). In order to enable A2DP in OS2008 you only need to edit one config file, which is easy to do with xterm but if you don't like getting your hands dirty it shouldn't be too difficult for someone to build a package to accomplish the task which you then install via the Application Manager.
Guys and certainly your good self, Milhouse. I certainly don't wish to come across as churlish, it's more Nokia raking it in and making you lot do all the work, with the poor consumer having to take a crash course in Linux. Certainly you lot should be given one, if you're doing all this work for them.
I'm certainly (and I'm sure that goes for many) aren't going to fork out 300 quid/600 bucks to then have to start fiddling with it.
Hell the whole area is complicated enough as it is...
I suppose it's a case of "Do I want one enough?"
We've all bought and ended up with useless gadgets. Perhaps I just don't understand enough (DSP/Bluez, being two cases in point), with my desire for it to work out of the box.

I'll see how things pan out.