View Single Post
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 351 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Cotswolds, UK
Originally Posted by lakshman.mn View Post
Tried the hack but got an error
"/bin/sh: ssdp-fake.py: not found"
You probably copied the ssdp-fake.py script to a different directory, for example the MyDocs directory.

Try "./MyDocs/ssdp-fake.py <server>". If that does not work, use the "ls" command (the Linux directory listing command) to find where you have put ssdp-fake.py.

Originally Posted by sconf
Does anybody use this "fake" advertisement with standard Media player?
I do. When I run the N900 Media Player while ssdp-fake.py is running I get an icon and text in the bottom left of the main screen with the name of my remote media server. If I touch that I can then see the files my server is exporting.

Maybe the fake announcements I create aren't right for your media server and, for some reason, Mediabox and Zhaan don't care but the Media Player does?

If you want, you can use the script to see what announcements your media server is actually making. You need to run it on a system which is on the same LAN as the server and tell it to advertise a server which does not exist and then watch what multicast NOTIFY messages it reports seeing. The command would be something like: "./ssdp-fake.py -a 1.1.1.1" (I can't remember if the -a is needed). You will need to leave it several minutes. You should see something a bit like:

Code:
Received multicast from 192.168.0.238:32776
NOTIFY * HTTP/1.1
HOST:239.255.255.250:1900
CACHE-CONTROL:max-age=1810
SERVER: Linux/2.6.22.18-6281 DLNADOC/1.50 UPnP/1.0 MiniDLNA/1.0
NT:urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1
USN:uuid:4d696e69-444c-164e-9d41-c03f0ea4ef10::urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1
NTS:ssdp:alive
Maybe that would show you what you need to change in the fake announcements.

Graham