View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
Not sure where you are located at but Nokia appears a lot in our (India) TV and also on our streets too.
Not true in Canada, the USA or many countries in Central America - Mexico seems to be exempt from that.

Japan also. No marketing presence there - well, none in my last three trips at least.

But I totally agree to the sentiment here that there is a LOT to improve in this area for Nokia. I would not consider posts on Twitter, Facebook, mailing-lists, Nokia-Blogs as marketing at all.
I'd suggest that Facebook, Twitter and typical social media should be treated as secondary or tertiary means for true marketing. There it's gone from marketing to participating where folks are gossiping.

I am just curious to know one thing. Whats Nokia's opinion on this? I mean do they consider what they are doing as enough marketing or are they thinking that marketing is not that much needed for their products. Anyways, either way, I would go with Fire-&-Hire if I had the option.
Good question, one I've love to see answered too. As it stands, Nokia understands (somewhat) marketing in Europe and Asia, but really nowhere else.