View Single Post
Originally Posted by hellnick View Post
I had an H120 years ago (girlfriend dropped it in the bath - still miss it) and the sound quality of that combined with Rockbox was stunning.
All the H-somethings I've tried had really great sound, even with the stock firmware. Note sure if and how Rockbox makes it even better ?

Just checked here - it says that status for the H3X0 remote is Done (h100 remote only so far) so not so sure now.
That's cool. I've never even seen an actual H300 remote, don't think they were ever available in Europe. Everybody seemed to use H100 remotes which are perfectly compatible. So it makes sense that Rockbox went for that first, and means I need to give it a try...

I've got my old H120 remote somewhere - happily stick it in the post if it'll work and you want it.
That's a pretty generous offer from you there, thanks for that! However, I depend so much on that H340 I spent a small fortune on in 2004, that I since bought two other cheap, used units (an H320 and an H140) as spares, just to be safe. Both came with H100 remotes, so it would take some really extreme circumstances for me to take you up on that

Last edited by fpp; 2011-01-01 at 17:11.