View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I would like to request the option of having the default maemo status bar visible. It has the potential to be remarkably ubiquitous, give that it has controls to flashlight and the status bar icons can contain things that the user may wish to see on a regular basis (wifi signal applet, cpumem applet, camera lens reminder - don't use that last one but I know many do). Even more ubiquitous due to MohammadAG's mod of hildon-desktop and hildon-home that allows you to have the status menu come out of the status bar in portrait mode.

At the same time, I understand from using your program that that's probably not very convenient, because right now Columbus Navigation Toolkit is really well designed, and most of the UI elements are placed in a way that leaves little space for a status bar. So I don't recommend making that the default behavior.

But it would be nice if it was possible to have another button to bring out the status bar, or a settings option where you can chose whether or not to have the status bar showing.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-12-22 at 19:57. Reason: Forgot to mention MohammadAG's portrait status menu mod.