View Single Post
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
Wouldn't it be great if smartphones would become smart...? And how should that be possible. Well it could be somthing like this:

For example imagine we have a nokia N9-02 with MeeGo 2. This system would record/listen/watch everything the user is doing on a timeline basis. After sometime the N902 starts to see patterns in the way we use the device. So every morning at 7 am i start my coffee machine and read the news on my n902 and see the weather forecast. So after 50 times the phone registers the sound of a coffee machine around 7 am and searches its database for tasks that have somthing to do with this. So the N902 starts up the news and weather forecast websites for you even before you have unlocked the phone.

These kinds of things are the things i want to see in future smartphones. making a phone really smart
That's an interesting idea and hopefully see something like this in the future.

However, realistically:
The N902 will learn you like coffee and will automatically order coffee via the internet.

Unfortunately your N902 takes out a loan and purchases a coffee-bean plantation in Columbia instead.
Now that you have no money and owe a columbian drug lord about $300 million dollars in interest payments but the N902 gets you a new job.
You are now a drugs mule smuggling a cocaine across the mexican border.

Your N902 receives an over-the-air upgrade, realises its mistakes and slides into clinical depression.

Your N902 completely loses all self-respect and starts serial dating iPhones.

The N902 tries to rescue you by smuggling you out of Mexico and you start a new life in another country.

You realise you were better off in Mexico because you are starting your new life in Belgium.

Due to a bug in the last upgrade your N902 becomes "tired of living a decadant life", becomes apathetic and spends the rest of its life sitting in the corner of your living room drooling and staring out the window. (WONTFIX).

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post: