Thread: app locker
View Single Post
First of all, I am a total noob, but love to expriment and play around with my N900.
I hv no knowledge of linux or Xterm.

I have downloaded few programs; including applocker, assuming it will ask for password whenever I wish to check my emails or conversations. Please help me in removing the applocker and restoring the blocked applications.

-I installed applocker:
-Locked few applicationsIncluding App Manager/Applocker)
-After observing missing icons on screen, I Unistalled the applocker (Without unlocking the icons)Assuming it will remove the applocker and would restore desktop settings automatically. App Manager was still Active in multi-task window):
-But It did not help
- I reboot the phone, considering, it will help.
-But it did not help
- Luckily, I received update notification while I was searching for help. I immdtly opened the App Manager And I reinstall the applocker.
- Using Xterm, I opened applocker; and disabled all the blocked icons/applications.
- I observed there were 2 Applocker entry in the list. (Now none of the programs were blocked)
- But It did not help.
- I opened MC to rename .dektop files manually, but no files had .dektop1
- There was one file: applocker.desktop1 and one more file with applocker.desktop.
- I renamed it to applocker.desktop
- Still there were both the files intact.
- I removed the file applocker.desktop1
-But it did not help.

I feel so stupid, but all that did not help me to get the applications unblocked. Please some one help me.

Thanks in advance.