View Single Post
Gotta agree with penguinbait here. I didn't know this Mitch Wagner, but I guess there are a lot of people out there who do listen to what he has to say, so overestimating his intelligence is deadly. I can understand the disappointment of Texrat and others, but it is nokia that is trying to get a message across, so it is nokia that should put in every effort to influence the opinions of people like Mitch.

For some reason the N810 is just not as impressive as the Iphone at first sight. Anybody who first sees an Iphone is immediately impressed by what it can do (or in case of IT owners, what it can't do ). My experience with showing my N800 to my friends is that it takes some time and convincing to get them to see the value.

For a mass market product this is a big flaw! Just think of how many people bought Windows Vista for the Aero interface (looks cool, something to show to other people, but totally useless).

I think nokia doesn't realize that their product doesn't have this natural 'coolness'. Else they would double up on their convincing efforts and Mitch wouldn't have walked away disappointed.