View Single Post
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Alright, so I've been looking around all the documentation I could find on the relevant subjects (and various relevant threads), for a few days now, and it's all rather convoluted and scattered.

So I figured I'd ask here: Is backup menu compatible with Multiboot? I want to eventually set up multiboot with powerkernel (whenever that gets patched for PR1.3), NITDroid and MeeGo. Having backupmenu would be great on top of that. As I understand it backupmenu installs bootmenu. Which near as I can tell is not the same thing as multiboot.

Is this correct? If I just install backupmenu from the repos, will I be able to just install multiboot over-that and have it override bootmenu? Vice-versa? If you don't know or don't feel like typing it out, is there some place where this is concisely answered you can link me to?
Backupmenu isn't compatible with multiboot out-of-the-box, though there's no real incompatibility between the two. Currently, there's some limitation with multiboot which prevent BackupMenu from working, and the BackupMenu package currently relies on bootmenu (which definitely isn't compatible with multiboot). From the looks of it, Pali has some updates to multiboot which fix things one way, I've also posted some patches here which fix multiboot another way. Either of those solutions will allow BackupMenu to work with multiboot (I'm running the two here without any issues).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post: