View Single Post
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I had thought that my test N800 seemed peppier with the new OS...
Is the N800 really underclocked? I had never seen this mentioned, I would have gladly traded some battery life in order to have a faster device these last 10 months.

This would definitely be a nice surprise if OS2008 unlocks the higher chip speed. Same thing happened on the PSP a while back, Sony came out with a firmware update that unlocked some extra horsepower.

So far, I like what I see with the N810...I'm sure I'll be at CompUSA the day they are released, just like I was with the 770 and then the N800. I really don't understand all the complaining about the D-pad, considering this is a touch-screen device. Seeing the complaints is like deja vu all over again, the way people lamented the loss of the hard cover when switching from the 770 to the N800. Things change, we adapt and move on...no big deal.

With the updated OS2008, looks like I'll keep my N800 around for quite a while, since it will be better suited for multimedia with the dual SDHC slots and rotating camera. But I'll also get an N810 to use as a replacement for one of my laptops that I frequently use at home. Quite a difference from when I didn't even want to use my 770 anymore because the N800 was so superior in just about every way. Both devices now will complement each other.

I am excited, can't wait until next month!