View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by sptop View Post
Lets confirm/Deny/Rebutt Some things

The processor is the same speed.
The n800 was underclocked to save bettery life . Now that they have improved os support, they can bump the clock speed back up to the original 400mhz without affecting battery life. That means your n800 should be running at 400mhz when you update to 2008.

Not Either OR
You dont have to buy an n810. And it looks like the n800 has already dropped to 250 and will probably drop to an even $200. If it supports all the same software but is cheaper and doesn't have a keyboard, what is the complaint!!!
This is not the same as the transition from 770 to 810. They will both support the same software.Moreover I think Nokia learned there lesson with this model, they want the software to be ported quickly, and that can only happen if there are developers with devices.

Way better case
so far all the reviews have stated the case is much better than the N800 case.

Keyboard is a big improvement
The n810 is actually thinner than the n800 even with the new keyboard.
The directional button had to be placed with the keyboard so that you can use it and the keyboard without straining your wrist. The only other option for nokia would be to have two buttons, one on the keyboard and one on the display.

As far as I am concerned this is a great device. And I am sure to go out and get an n800 now that they reasonably priced.

Eggzactly!

The new OS will behave the same on the old hardware...
Also, I have heard that the speed is bumped only for "certain" (unnamed) programs leading me to believe that the OS manages the clock.

Because the D-pad is tucked away I am assuming that the finger friendly improvements are meant to provide functionality when the keypad is stowed. The N800 will benefit from this!

I didn't know it shipped with a case. That was quick.

All in all the N800 running OS 2008 and eventually 2009 is a much better deal...

Now!

So, the only group who looses out were the ones who paid full price for the N800 only to be the OS beta test and marketing focus group, for the N810.

Especially the ones who spent additional dough on Navicore and a BT GPS unit.

cough, that would be me, cough.

Oh yeah... plus the dang case, 6 months later.

Last edited by YoDude; 2007-10-17 at 21:59.