View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Thank you for considering this. I noticed with great interest the $50K donation to gnome. But they didn't seem to want to use it to support the effort of Conny and others to bring Hildon/GTK+ to MeeGo. That (and anything else that helps port Diablo and Fremantle apps to MeeGo) seems like a good way to move on, worthy of consideration, and consistent with the long term goals of the Diablo Community Project which I support. What do we do next?
Just wanted to thank for this part - I'm pro getting a proper Hildon available for MeeGo and am frustrated to see nothing is getting done about it as it is entirely possible. With a budget for it that isn't getting used for anything, it might even inhibit others to do something about it as their work would be ignored once a paid worker starts doing something.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: