View Single Post
Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
Does this happen with any hotspot you attempt to connect to? If so, maybe you need to check your settings in your browser (Maybe you're blocking cookies?)

I've accessed hotspots in airports and in hotels and the only problem I have had is that the original web link I was attempting to go to gets "lost" during the registration and I have to re-enter it after registering.

I've even taken to bringing along a Linksys WRT54G on my business trips so that I can use my N800 in my hotel room. Usually, wireless is only available in the lobby. I plug the ethernet cable in the room into the WAN port of the router, connect with my N800 and the hotel's hotspot page is waiting for me. (As a side note, going through airport security gets really interesting when your carryon bag includes a WRT54G, a cell phone, a bluetooth headset, an N800, a GPS, and several "wall warts", depending on how long the trip is! )
Why are you lugging around a big wrt54g? Why not use the WTR54gs pocket router or one from Apple?