View Single Post
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
@SirTurbo: Of course you should use whatever approach you feel more comfortable with. But it would be nice if you could test PBAP and let us know about your results. Every input is helpful...
I had an nightly attack of the wish to "work" and went to the car

Had to update my car kit several times. (Donīt know why, i thought that i updated to that-time-latest-version when first trying to sync phonebook in December)
First problem: car kit updated only to second last firmware - after that no more connection to the update manager. So perhaps problems with the car kit are solved but i cannot test it - so it isnt sure if probs are made by mobile phone or by car kit.
But OPP seems to work (only with vcard 2.1, not with vcard3.0). not perfect, still some things to do (naming of phone numbers when the contact has several of them f.e.) - but it works... next days i will see if it is "usable" now with n900... bury added some nice features, they seem to like their customers - seems to be different to nokia^^ (update problem reported - waiting for answer)

But now to the big point: PBAP...
First i tried to read phone book several times... every time i got "successfull" - but the phone book in my car kit was still empty. Then i played again with opp.
when i after that tried again to import whole pb (via PBAP) - i got an error that contacts could not be pulled and they have to be pushed by phone?
After that i startet the dump and tried again.
In the dump there is nothing about x-bt/phonebook when opened in wireshark.
But as i tried the download only one or two times (didnt want to create a large dump) i am not sure if this is 100% precise. So i think that i will have to try again when having time.
Attached Files
File Type: txt cc9060.txt (265 Bytes, 111 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to SirTurbo For This Useful Post: