View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by acvetkov View Post
Comparing a hardware with 1 year difference And you want the older to be better? Really?
Dude. It's been 9 months and faster/better hardware had already been out almost immediately after the N900 came out.

Speaking to the issues of multitasking--well, that's what you get when you multitask on ANYTHING (be it Maemo, Android, desktop Linux, Windows, etc.). When you use up resources, you start to see it crawl. On Maemo, you would do well to remain cognizant of too many open apps. On Android, I never see a slow down because I have an App Killer monitoring my system for apps I want to permit multitasking all the time, and automatically time-out kills apps I don't permit to run in the background all the time. So, it manages FOR me even when I don't yet notice any slowness. Maybe there's a similar sort of "you're not really using this background app, do you want me to close it?" sort of tool for the N900? Or maybe someone could write one up. Would be terribly handy on a small system like this.

Originally Posted by kenga View Post
I disappointed in N900 because it full of disgraceful bugs.
Even main use cases are failed. And I read a lot of "Not going to be fixed in Maemo" in bugtracker.
Going to sell as soon as possible and forget the whole nokia as terrible dream.
Seems like Anssi Vanjoki (and Nokia) want to "fight back" with customers.
I'm not sure that the sentiment is entirely accurate about how buggy it is, but I will wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment about Maemo's WONTFIX and Nokia's neglecting customers. For all those people who claim that this isn't the place to complain, where else do you discuss the incredible WONTFIX and FIXED IN [next OS] issues, then?

Originally Posted by bandofbrothers View Post
Yes its thin but i cant make my mind up wether I want to use it or put my dinner on it and use it as a plate !
Heh.. you've seen the YouTube videos on using the iPad as a sushi platter, then?