View Single Post
I wasn't expecting so many enthusiastic replies! Thank you for the support, this makes it much easier to put the work in on the site.

By the way, I've just added a new tutorial which is all about using a Bluetooth keyboard with the N800:

http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...and-using.html

On the subject of collaborations, I wanted to stick to the video/text format and keep the same look-and-feel throughout for the sake of clarity, so that once people understand one tutorial from my site, they can easily understand another.

However, if other people want to write tutorials or do videos (or both) I'm totally open to linking to those from the Tablet School site, as long as the tutorials are easy enough for a beginner to understand. This is what I did on the post about "Even a three year old can do it", which linked to a video showing a small child using the N800's sketch application.

It's surprisingly hard to make a tutorial for absolute beginners though. For example when using the internet radio feature my relative didn't know that the triangle pointing to the right means "play" and the square means "stop". We might laugh at that kind of ignorance, but really there's no obvious reason why a square should mean "stop" outside the context of a CD player or cassette deck, and ordinary radios don't have stop or play buttons. I'm not saying absolutely everything needs to be explained in intricate detail, but if it can quickly and easily be explained it ought to be (for example by saying "click on play (the triangle)" instead of just "click on play"). This is why I wanted to do videos to accompany the text, because videos can't be misinterpreted as easily as text instructions can.

One thing I would need some direct help on is the 770. I intend to get one if the site proves popular, but for the moment I just have the N800. If someone out there with a 770 wants to help with the site, I'd appreciate it if they could check which of the tutorials work on the 770 and which don't. If a tutorial works with the 770, I can label it for the 770 and N800.

The Following User Says Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post: