View Single Post
There's a relative of mine who isn't really that great with computers, he would call me up regularly for help with this or that. Over the years I suggested all kinds of things, for example switching from Windows PCs to Macintoshes, but nothing seemed to work. Desktop computers in general seemed to be the problem, they were a bit too complicated for his needs (basically he just used the web, email and skype).

On a hunch, I suggested that he should get an N800 with a Bluetooth keyboard. I set it up for him, and he took it home. Astonishingly, it worked. The "tech support" calls (mostly) stopped coming, this was a device he could cope with. He even started listening to internet radio, something he never did on desktop machines even when I showed him how.

This really opened my eyes. Before this I'd seen Nokia's internet tablets as mainly for hardcore technology fans, but here was a case of a technophobe finding it easier to use an internet tablet than a mainstream PC.

Anyhow, because of this I decided to set up a site with easy-to-understand tutorials on how to use internet tablets:

http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...ents-page.html

The videos are meant to accompany the text, the text goes into more detail about each topic but the video hopefully helps to make things clearer.

If anyone has any suggestions for particular topics I should cover on this site, please let me know by replying to this thread or by sending me a Private Message on this forum.

I'd also appreciate any corrections of mistakes in the tutorials, these can be hard to spot when you're writing them yourself.

Last edited by qgil; 2009-04-13 at 18:50.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post: