Thread: Navit on N900
View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Alright, reinstalled using the script with a empty .navit dir, buttons are showing up.

But for the life of me, Navit refuses to route to anywhere on Garmin maps, any idea why? Also does installing the qt4 libraries actually do anything?
Libgarmin hasn't had a commit in a while. I don't think it's very complete and not getting any closer. According to this, navigation is not supported in garmin maps. I don't know if that's still true or not.

I'm currently using the internal GUI and the qpainter renderer, forceing install because it was built for Qt4.7. This is so people can use it without installing the experimental Qt4.7 libraries, and because the devs told me that, at present, the internal GUI is the best option. The QML one will eventually replace it for Maemo users. (So to answer the question, you don't need the Qt libraries.)

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful