View Single Post
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Nice you made it to that point! But setting "Captain Obvious" power settings like wifi to 10mW and powersaving, using 2G instead of 3G, reduce brightness or to not pull mails every 10mins is no magic to me.

Running on 3G drains the battery within 10hours.

2 1/2 days is normal to me, I also made +3 days once as I needed it to be available using it as navi for 20 mins doing a few cell calls and keep it in cell-phone only state for those 3 days made me charge it back home again at about 20% which might be another day in this case as my phone remains about 12hours in standby at 0% shown. The percentage shown is a quick tell where you are about but is nothing like precise. Unplugged 10th drained till today 12th July 50%, with a longer phonecall and most of the time online.

For powersaving, all widgets updating from the internet will reduce your battery life so will anything else which is powerhungry. I guess my previous phone did about 1 1/2 weeks stby and I bet I will get that out of the n900 if I use it as cellphone only. You pay a price for always on' and lots of gadgets and blingbling.

If you get somwhere around 6 days let me know please.

Sorry to tell you off like that! I am happy you made it to those 4 days anyway

Originally Posted by zimmerit View Post
or even few days longer with light usage. I guess that standby time could be as long as 7-8 days.

...I was really losing my mind with this battery life issue when I got the phone
As told above, getting the 7-8 days as cellphone only shouldn't be that of a problem. But getting more than 4 days with light-medium usage (some calls, some chatter, always on but nothing really active is getting me up to 3 days) is my goal.

Last edited by chemist; 2010-07-12 at 08:26.