View Single Post
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
I've used a myriad of screen protectors/covers/shields/bags, can't really say I've been super satisfied with any of them. My first was a full coverage kit from Zagg's Invisible Shield, which looked like absolute crap. I moved to a Vikuiti DQC-160, then to a Vikuiti ARMR200. I loved the ARMR200, but both it and the DQC-160 would bubble up right around the rim of the screen, regardless of how they were placed or how cleanly they were installed (performed the installs in a steamed bathroom while wearing nitrile gloves). Obviously upset about spending that much money for something that looked like crap over time, I took the ARMR200 off and got a tiny (but completely disheartening) scratch on the upper left of my N900's digitizer panel. I could replace the panel for around $40 USD, which I might do at some point in the future. However, a friend of mine with an iphone 3GS (ew) had tons of scratches on his device, stuck on a Phantom Skinz, and it looked brand new again. With this in mind, I used a discount code and got a full coverage matte finish Phantom Skinz kit for a little over $20 USD with priority shipping. Looking forward to seeing how well this kit stands up to the rest, as I LOVED the matte finish on the ARMR200.

Will post pictures and results when my Phantom Skinz kit arrives and I apply it. For the meantime I've been keeping my N900 in an inexpensive Golla bag I got off ebay for $4 shipped. Does a great job for what it cost me, and looks cool too. I usually clip mine on my laptop bag or on my backpack whenever I'm travelling or when I'm heading to work.