View Single Post
Hello this is my post to the forums so I would be grateful to not be shot down but let us see.
I ordered my N900 after bad experiences with Nokia N95 and N97 and switching to HTC. On ordering I then picked up that Maemo was being replaced by Meego so I called the Nokia N900 support team. At first I was told Meego would be installed on the N900 but when I said 'are you sure' the adviser then sought further advice and said it would not be as the N900 chip set did not support.
I am now wondering if I should return my N900 or would I be cutting off my nose to spite my face. Essentially I am tired and fed up with Nokia and if my HTC was not Windows then it would I suspect be game over. On the plus side the N900 seems to be in a different league to the N967 and N95. And I love Maemo - mind you I have only ever experienced Windows mobile and the Nokia N95/N9. The experience software wise across these phones is nicely illustrated by the fact that on none of them did the alarm function work properly. The N97 was the best with calendar entries causing the alarm to go off every night at 1200 for each entry.
In short I am in two minds - love the Maemo thing and really happy with Linux but Nokia really seem not too care and seem to be moving on again and are they going to leave this mobile high and dry as I feel they have done with the others? These mobiles are not £40 but £400.
At the moment I want to stay Maemo and N900 but am I just going to hurt myself again? Build quality on this phone does not look up to HTC model I have - sorry going off topic but in bit of quandary here and definitely do not feel positive about Nokia.
Paul

Last edited by BroisPlankton; 2010-07-02 at 18:29. Reason: Tidy up