View Single Post
Hello all,

I am planning to buy a N900. I have never owned a smartphone before. I have just a few very simple question. You may think these questions are stupid, but it will be helpful if you can answer these for me.

Question1: Will I be able to connect to internet using a broadband connection? Here is the scenario. I have a broadband connection at my home and I connect to internet with a wireless router. What I do with my laptop is this : First I connect to the wireless router. Then I connect to broadband using a username and password. Is connecting to internet possible this way in N900.

Question 2: Is it possible that I create a wireless network in my laptop(which is connected to internet), connect N900 to that wireless network, and then N900 will be able to access internet?

Question 3: In my college, we connect to internet through a proxy server. Will I be able to access internet in my college? That is, is proxy supported in N900.

I know that we can access internet through 3G, but 3G rates are high in my country. Wired internet is cheaper. Answers to these questions will decide if I will be buying a N900, as N900 is not as much of a phone as a internet tablet kind of thing. And if I cannot access internet on it, then its not worth spending so much money.

Sorry for these very basic questions.