View Single Post
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Ummm...you do know this is Nokia we're talking about here, right?
You know, the company that makes SMARTPHONES like the award-winning N95?
You know, the smartphone with built-in GPS, wi-fi, VoIP capability, standard USB for data transfer, Safari-based webkit browser, etc?

Again, really comparing the iPhone to the N800 is an apples to oranges comparison since the N800 was NEVER intended to be a "smartphone".
If anything it's more of a technology demonstration platform.
I expect further revisions down the line to have even MORE capabilities, particularly now that it's been chosen as a WiMax-enabled platform for Sprint in the US.

Looking at the iPhone I can see it makes phone calls (about 6 taps to do it though) and browses the web (hmm..no Flash support).
It can't do native YouTube, it can't do VoIP, it can't do Skype, it has no SDK for it....hmm...what's so damn special about the iPhone again?
Oh yeah, that "innovative" touch screen and flicking/pinching action. I call those "gimmicks".
Yeah, call me when 1 Apple Way, Cupertino CA releases a free SDK for it.
Steps to Call:

1. Phone Button
2. Press chosen name in Favorites

Calling <Name>...

Steps to kill N95 battery in 2.5-3 hours:

1. Turn on GPS
2. Turn on Wifi

Dead by 1pm, right after your lunch break!

Nokia's high end products all seem to be "Technology Demo's". They suck in real world use. After 3-4 years it eventually trickles down and they improve their mass market stuff. "Ohh it has potential!! its gonna be amazing once someone writes something cool with this SDK Nokia gave us." Then its replaced with a new version before anyone does anything with it. But its all good, new technology demonstration! MORE CAPABILITIES! Zero integration!