View Single Post
Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by orcocan View Post
is the client fairly stable? I don't want to install apps that can brick my device, is it safe to install or should i wait a bit longer?
It is always unwise to promise that something will not happen, but bricking your device via footify sounds so unlikely that I'd have to say that I find it almost impossible. There are no kernel modules that get installed, no basic component gets updated and all components that I use are standard and well tested.

The only unstable parts are libdespotify itself (which works very well as is) and the connection between my GUI and libdespotify. If you haven't installed something else that tries to abuse PulseAudio in some weird way, I'd say footify is pretty stable.

The feature that is the least stable is Shuffle so if you really need this to work, you might want to wait a bit if stability is your primary concern.

not sure if it can help at all, but i remember yaspot had the same issue with the music stuttering when the screen dimmed however that was fixed in the latest release... i guess it might be the same problem?
If there is an easy fix to handle this, I'm interested. If the fix is more complicated, I'd say that makes it uninteresting to implement since I don't see one short hickup in sound as such a big problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joorin For This Useful Post: