View Single Post
Originally Posted by luca View Post
I waited a while to report this since I don't use my tablet that much but I think (and I may be wrong) that the SSU reduces battery life.
That's the 3rd such report so far if I'm counting correctly :-(

I have to say that I never had great battery life with my n800: when it was new I got max. 2 hours of use, now, with a non OEM battery, I have around one hour.
That sounds rather bad :-( I did get more than the advertised 3.5 hours for a long time while the battery was relatively new.

Top doesn't reveal any evident cpu hog
What does htop (from the tools repo) show if you sort on the TIME+ column?

Of course it could be that the battery has deteriorated further, but the drop in capacity happened right after installing the SSU.
Does the battery level drop gradually or is there a sudden drop to near-zero? The latter would indicate a worn-out battery.

I don't think any of the "userland" packages would have an effect on battery life, so if there is a problem it's probably on the kernel or X server. Do you feel like downgrading to the Nokia versions (kernel-diablo-flasher=2.6.21-200842maemo1 & xserver-xomap=1:1.3.99.0~git20070321-0osso20083801, note that this will uninstall osso-software-version so you'll have to re-install it manually after testing) and comparing battery life?