View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
This was an idea from dneary, asking for ways to help transition and use his skills within the MeeGo framework, read: 'can a maemo.org employee devote part of his time to MeeGo in his current role'.
And the answer to that question is No. Commitments were made to maemo.org.

Any sane council who wants to help to make MeeGo a better building to move to would want their employees to go forward and prepare. But as the idea, how do we go about maemo.org in the next months until MeeGo is at cruising altitude.
But here council is the council of maemo.org, not MeeGo, and not of the world of linux based touch screen mobile software. They have responsibilities to the maemo.org community that would be subverted if they allowed scarce maemo.org resources to be used for other projects (and let's admit it, MeeGo has plenty of financial backing, why raid maemo.org's resources?)

I personally have a part role in MeeGo (no use denying it by now) and as I've said before, I personally don't want to get stuck when/if the maemo.org rapture comes around. My own role has to develop as well and I assume that's what dneary is trying to do too. And do good in the process.
Yes, I noticed before when you said this and it's an understandable concern. What about MeeGo adpatation for the n8x0 devices? Is that not a project which: a) benefits the maemo.org community and b) allows you to progress your knowledge and skills (and you will someday be able to transition to MeeGo)?

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post: