View Single Post
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I think also a problem are the different timezones.
It took way to long to ban maemoGUY. until his ban he insulted nearly everyone, caused high traffic on the maemo servers and posted too many posts (I haven't counted them)..
therefore we need at least one mod in every timezone, and make sure, that they can be online most of the time.
sure, my last post was really extreme. but in real obvious cases there should be no "mercy"...
Despite not liking hard lines and really hating to follow rules because they are, I have to say that I agree. There should be more moderators in different timezones (follow the sun). Plus they should be allowed to take action in obvious cases.

In case posts are only made to provocate or disrupt, I do not really see any use for them besides doing harm. Of course a certain level of noise is perfectly OK, but longer term members here can see that this ratio has shifted tremendously over the last months.

I am certainly not calling for 'strict law and order' here. But like you said, we already lost several *really* competent persons around here

Best regards,
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corwin For This Useful Post: