View Single Post
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Outside of the US, I don't think there is anyone selling the N800 at retail in bricks & mortar. You guys had it good for a while!

The only way to obtain the N800 in the UK is via online retailers (Amazon, Expansys, Nokia UK) - there is zero high street presence. Not good.
Makes me ashamed to be a britt. Joking of course but it is sorta nice to know we aint entirely perfect back home.

Just to confirm I am an expat been in the US for 7 years. Planning to go home in 3 or so.

But back on subject. I think while Nokia continues to avoid a store presence this device will remain in the hands of geeks and tinkerers. An unfortunatly small market.

If we had access to Exchange Server and Office apps (read a pocket OO.o) we might get some of the execs but it will never be a mainstream every body wants one device without the ability to see it in bricks and morter stores.

And I hate to say it but how much effort is Nokia going to invest in something they see as a toy for a small crowd of geeks.

My guess only while they see input from the OOS community developing apps/UI that may help them in other mainstream devices.

I personally would love Pocket Evolution and Pocket OO.o. And it would give the Linux Handheld OS a huge boost. Even if this device is not designed to compete in that market.

Ok all that for 2c I think I have over provided my services ;o)