View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I think there's been a lot of excitement. I was thrilled to play with the new kernels from Lehto and Titan, settling on minor overclocking for my device. Every week I find a new app in devel that I look at and think "That looks cool, I wish I had time to play with it!"

But I also don't live and breath on my phone, or expect it to be the hottest, newest gadget all the time. I've been using it more than it's predecessor, and would love to see it replace even more gadgets (like my GPS). And I have tons of ideas for things I'd love to see it do. But I just don't have time to do any of it. I can barely keep up with what's going on here most of the time!

I'm not as excited as the day I got it, no. Nothing is as exciting as a new toy. But I still love the phone, and still find new and interesting things going on with it. And really, even if that slows down or stops... I had my previous phone for 5 years (a 6230), and the last few years of it almost nothing changed on it. It did what I needed it to do, and was reliable, which are the two major things I look for in a phone and/or a computer. I suspect even if development completely stops for the N900, I'll be happy to have it and use it for several years until something major changes (like .11g becomes obsolete, or the GSM frequencies change, or HTML9 is out and nobody is coding in HTML4 anymore...) But that's all a long while off.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: