View Single Post
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
Originally Posted by lbthomsen View Post
I think Nokia pretty much killed it with the Meego announcement. Back in January the momentum of Maemo development was building up and it was all exciting - even I (not that I am special - just specially lazy) made a few ports and packaged it for Maemo. But after the Meego announcement I just completely lost interest and I reckon that's what happened to a lot of other people. I was excited about Maemo because it finally appeared as if Nokia had decided to push this as their next big platform - and when Nokia left it hanging - well - there's nothing left. For me I'd rather just stick with Symbian until they get their act together.
Does the fact the Meego is coming make the N900 less useful? I don't know about you, but my N900 hasn't stopped working since MeeGo was announced.

Now, that's not to say that Nokia hasn't screwed up numerous times. Those have been discussed here ad-nauseum, so I won't go into it again with this post.

I for one would love to see the N900/Maemo/MeeGo have a lot more mainstream appeal. But for the time being I'm just looking to get as much use out of this thing as I can, and so far I'm getting a lot.

However, when it comes right down to it, it really depends on what you consider "useful."

The Following User Says Thank You to FreeThinker For This Useful Post: